Who we can fund:
You are an individual or a group who assert official language rights covered by the CCP;
You are a non-profit organization that represents an individual or a group who asserts official language rights covered by the CCP.
What we can fund:
You are an individual, group or non-profit organization who may be granted leave to intervene in a litigation before the courts.
Your application involves:
- a legal remedy for which the CCP has already approved funding, or
- a legal remedy for which the former Court Challenges Program of Canada or former Language Rights Support Program has approved funding, or
- a legal remedy that involves one of the official language rights covered by CCP.
Your intervention must raise important arguments that have legal merit and that contribute to the resolution of the legal issues raised in the case.
Your arguments have not been covered in substance by other parties or intervenors.
Your intervention could assert and clarify one of the official language rights covered by the CCP.
The case is of national importance.
What we cannot fund:
A for-profit organization.
Complaints, prosecutions or challenges presented solely:
- In terms of provincial or territorial laws relating to the protection of official language rights; or
- Against provincial or territorial laws, policies or practices other than ones covered by the CCP.
Public education, community development, lobbying or political advocacy.
The CCP can finance several intervenors, within its limited resources.
Maximum eligible funding
Funding available for leave to intervene is limited to $10,000
Funding available for an intervention is limited to $40,000